Collecting your personal information
We collect personal information about you as an individual in the following circumstances:
- When paying for goods online;
- When processing returns or exchanges;
- When you telephone us or visit our website and make an enquiry to which a response is requested and to do so requires your contact details;
- When you ask to be included on marketing distribution lists, become a member of our website or interact with our social media services;
- If you enter a competition;
- If you apply for a job with us; and/or
- For any other reason that relates to the services we provide to you as our customer.
Use of your personal information
We use the personal information collected from you for the purpose of running our business or providing services to you as our customer, for example:
- To accept your offer to purchase ie. to confirm the creation of an order;
- To request additional information from you regarding an offer to purchase made by you ie. to verify your identity or the credit card used to make a purchase;
- To perform authorized financial transactions with you;
- To update you about an order;
- To respond to any customer service enquiries received from you;
- To provide you with information about our products or services where you have requested or consented to receive this from us or where this provision is otherwise permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To ensure content on our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- To protect our legal interests and fulfil our regulatory obligations; and/or
- For any other reason that relates to the services we provide for the purpose of running our business.
Cookies are used to collect data relating to your general internet usage and customise your experience on our website. This data includes IP addresses, browser versions, number of visits and other data relating to your navigation of the internet and our site. Cookies do not collect sensitive information like financial information or passwords. We hold personal information in our own secure databases and to some extent for marketing purposes in the databases of third parties engaged by us (subject to obligations regarding privacy and confidentiality) to conduct electronic direct marketing subject to all legislative requirements.
You can refuse to accept cookies by activating settings on your internet browser however this can affect your overall browsing experience.
Security of personal information
We use commercially reasonable methods to prevent the unauthorised use, access, or disclosure of your personal information. For example, all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology and card data you save within your account for future purchases is stored securely within level 1 PCI compliant data centres.
While we strive to protect your personal information, no system can ever be 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information; any transmission is at your own risk. You can help protect your online personal data by following these safety tips:
- If using a public computer or terminal, always log out and close the browser when you complete an online session.
- Keep passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, a combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal information that can be easily obtained. It is also recommended that you frequently change your password.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
- You should use your own virus protection software and keep it up to date.
- If there has been (or you suspect) an unauthorised use of your password or account, please notify us immediately.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our related companies on the condition they will use it only for the same purposes we do under this policy or for other limited purposes such as to help us in providing goods and services. Related third party companies include:
- Organisations who carry out credit, fraud and other security checks on our behalf;
- Our online payment gateway service provider for the purpose of approving payments;
- Couriers and delivery businesses with whom we arrange to deliver goods to you;
- Third party software providers who store customer account details for us;
- Companies we engage to provide us with advice ie. lawyers, accountants, auditors etc; and/or
- Marketing businesses we engage to disseminate materials to which customers have consented.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties outside of the above list in the following circumstances:
- Where we have your express permission to do so;
- Where it can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances that you consent to this disclosure;
- If Ksubi or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information we hold about our customers is one of the transferred assets (subject to the same constraints on use and disclosure under this policy);
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation; and/or
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Ksubi, its personnel or customers (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
You have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. If you do not wish to continue to receive electronic marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties you can opt-out by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication we send you, or alternatively you can email email@example.com with your request.
Concerns about the use of your personal information
The Online Editor
General Pants Group
Unit 25/30-32 Beconsfield St
Alexandria, NSW, 2015